Friday, November 9, 2012

Repeat....

Happy Friday to everyone!  The week-end is approaching.  Do you have some enjoyable activities planned?

Earlier, I mentioned that the recipe for the Pumpkin Cake had been posted on the blog.  To make it easier for you to have it - if you want it - I will post it again here.

PUMPKIN CAKE
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoon soda
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 cups pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon salt

- Mix oil, sugar, and eggs together well.  Then add remaining ingredients.  Bake in greased tube pan for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.

ICING
1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese
1/2 stick butter
- Cream together, then add:
1/2 box confectioners sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
-Spread on cake; decorate with pecan halves (1/2 c.), if desired.  Chopped pecans could also be sprinkled on the top of the cake, omitting the pecan halves, if you wish.

Everybody had a pecan half!

I usually store the cake in the refrigerator.  This recipe came from the newspaper of a town where we lived in 1972.

I believe this is actually my favorite season of the year!  Well, I find reasons for other seasons to be considered "favorites," too.:-)  Anytime we are able to have friends and family around and share food has to be a "favorite time.":-)  I have seen many blogs featuring some lovely seasonal decor.  The next post will show a bit of what we have here.

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

8 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nellie, Pass me a slice of that cake . Looks so yummy. Smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had this cake, and I can assure the other readers that it is indeed a wonderful treat! Also, I consider myself blessed to be a part of those family gatherings at your lovely home, and look forward to another one in a couple of weeks! Thank you for sharing some of your "secrets" with us here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday to you too. : )
    Nothing planned yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hubby is working, so I have zero plans for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pass me half the cake and no one gets hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I HAVE to make this yet this Fall. My son would LOVE it! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cake and best part, it actually doesn't sound too hard to put together. Yes, I am so lazy. -giggggles-

    Oh I love Autumn. I love when time goes back to Nature's Time. I enjoy earlier darkness, because I feel it is cozy. Mmmmm, yes. Love this time of year.

    Mmmm, well, not the dark, rainy, damp, rainy, dark, rainy (chuckle) days, so much. But, the sun is shining today!

    ReplyDelete