Friday, November 30, 2012

Pumpkin for dessert....

Welcome to Friday, everyone! 

As promised, this post will focus on pumpkin - the dessert part!  But first, I want to include a picture of the Pumpkin Chili that was featured on the last post. 

A crockpot full!

The crockpot couldn't have held anymore!  There were some leftovers, so that's good!

Now, on to dessert.

Pumpkin Pie Dump Cake!

This is a recipe I have seen featured a few times this season.  Some of you may have even already made it.  The version that I used came from www.thecountrycook.net with a copyright 2012.

PUMPKIN PIE DUMP CAKE

1 can (15-oz.) canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 can (12-oz.) evaporated milk (I used fat free)
3 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 box Spice Cake Mix
1 cup butter, melted

- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar and cinnamon until well-combined.  It will be very thin.  Pour it into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of pumpkin mixture.  Drizzle the melted butter evenly over the top. 
- Bake for about 55-60 minutes. 
- Let it cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.  Leftovers should be refrigerated. 
Wouldn't this be delicious with whipped cream topping?

I didn't do this, but it would really be tasty to sprinkle some walnuts over the top of the cake mix before drizzling with the melted butter.

There were some other pumpkin-related desserts - Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies and Pumpkin Gingersnap Cookies.  Munchomom.com has featured these recipes on her blog, so I will refer you to that site, if you are interested in recipes.  I have a couple of pictures below.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies

Pumpkin Gingersnap Cookies
 Now, the time is here for that lunch I provide for the adult day care at my church!  Next Tuesday is the first Tuesday in the month!  So, you know it will be a busy time in the kitchen once again. 

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

7 comments:

  1. Nellie, Please pass the ginger snaps...one of my favorite cookies. I have to be very honest though...I have met many cookies I didn't like:):) Smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father LOVED anything ginger. My mother baked a pan of gingerbread every day during the winter months. I copied over your dump cake recipe-This is one I will surely use-maybe even tomorrow night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that finished cake looks wonderful! I have seen that recipe, and just might be "forced" to try it soon! There are many church dinners going on these days, it seems.... :-)

    We'll look forward to hearing about your preparations for that day care lunch, too. You always do so well with those things, and I'm sure the people enjoy every bite you make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to make a dump cake, but not with pumpkin. Might just have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such delicious food on your blog Nellie! Especially loved the look of that Red Velvet Pound Cake.
    Also enjoyed seeing photos of your lovely table setting. The white china with beautiful teapot sugar bowl and creamer look so pretty on the red tablecloth. The other tables looked pretty too.
    You are doing an amazing amount of caring work for folk Nellie. Make sure you get some rest in between events yourself.
    Take care, Betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks a sounds sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete